In daylight, plants take water, sunlight, and CO2 from their atmosphere and generate oxygen in return. Sunlight is an essential element for photosynthesis. That is why at night, plants carry out respiration only, i.e. inhaling oxygen O2 and releasing carbon dioxide CO2.
But there are some plants with exceptional cases. These are the plants that perform photosynthesis at night as well. here are 8 plants that give oxygen at night
Plants that produce Oxygen at Night:
- Aloe Vera
- Money plant
- Peace lily
- Bamboo plant
- Jasmine plant
1 . Aloe Vera:
- Aloe Vera Plant is best known to remove toxins from the air like aldehydes and benzene.
- Unlike a most plant, it releases oxygen at night as well and well suited for bedrooms and indoor environments.
- They grow slowly and have thick pointed leaves with white transparent gel.
- It is a medicinal plant used for different treatments.
- It mostly flourishes in a sunny atmosphere and overwatering can damage its roots.
2. Money Plant:
- Money Plant is also known as Devil’s ivy.
- The name Money plant is given because it has flat plump leaves that resemble a coin.
- Mostly used as an indoor plant for filtering air and also cure sleep disorders
- Chamomile is a medical and herbal plant that comes from the aster family.
- It has the capacity to give oxygen even during the night.
- It is made to use in many of the traditional medicines to cure a number of diseases.
- It is also rich in nutritional values that add up to its usage and value.
4. Peace lily:
- peace lily plant are usually grown in a pot.
- These plant are favorable in providing a good oxygen rate during night hours.
- They require moist soil and high humidity.
- Peace lily plants also bloom white flowers that add to their already existing beautiful and shiny leafy appearance.
- sage belongs from the mint family and it carries an aromatic fragrance in its leaves which are used for various reasons.
- Sage plants are prone to release oxygen at night.
- The leaves of sage plants are used for cooking as well as to cure many stomach diseases.
6. Bamboo plant:
- Bamboo plants are another type of plants that have a high transpiration rate.
- These plant are very easy to find and can grow well in many different lighting conditions.
- These plant also possess the quality of releasing oxygen at night, provided that they are needed to be watered a lot.
7. Jasmine plant:
- Jasmine plant grows well in a cool temperature and airy area. They are prone to provide oxygen even at night.
- The Jasmine plant is a member of the olive family.
- They require a support structure to grow as they generally grow very tall.
- Buy Jasmine Live Healthy Plant from Amazon.
- Spiritual foliage, Tulsi plant has several benefits.
- Keeping this plant in the house is known to bring good health and luck into the house.
- It is known for protecting the house from evil. Apart from its spiritual benefits,
- the Tulsi plant is known as the queen of herbs and has several health benefits.
- Keeping the Tulsi plant inside the house increases the supply of oxygen as it gives out oxygen 20 hours a day.
- It also absorbs harmful gases like carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, and sulfur dioxide from the air.
Plants are the central pillar of our ecosystem. Living organisms require oxygen to stay alive. Plants provide this oxygen to balance the ecosystem in the world. Lack of greenery can cause serious health issues and can pollute our surroundings on a large scale. So, people should plant more to contribute their part in the refinement of the ecosystem.
Also Read my article: