Ever wondered what an AUD $8,000 Burger would taste like? Yep, neither had we.
Robbert Jan de Veen, the owner of Dutch diner De Daltons has just put together the most opulent burger in the world. Taking the crown from Outlaw’s Grill’s 325kg burger, the aptly named ‘Golden Boy‘ from De Daltons has just been crowned the World’s Most Expensive by Guinness World Records after coming in at €5,000!
Located in Voorthuizen, a small town around forty minutes from Amsterdam, De Daltons call themselves the Kings of Burgers. A big claim. But, it’s safe to say that their ‘Golden Boy’ has been making waves.
It’s got everything you’d expect and then some, with all the hallmarks of unnecessary opulence like golden leaf and Dom Pérignon battered onion rings. Here’s the full list of ingredients in case you wanted to try and make it at home.
Ingredients The Most Expensive Burger!
- Wagyu A5 brisket, chuck short ribs
- King crab cooked in white wine
- Dom Pérignon battered onion rings
- Joselito vintage jamon – voted the best ham in the world
- White truffle
- Beluga caviar
- A smoked saffron chive mayonnaise made with duck eggs
- Barbecue sauce made from Kopi Luwak coffee and a Macallan Single Malt Whiskey Rare Cask
- Cheddar with truffle from Wyke Farms
- Tiger tomato and cucumber pickled in matcha
- Dom Perignon Champagne Bun
- Whiskey-impregnated smoke
Would you try it?