Barkha Singh is a popular face in the digital space today. But did you know, she played the younger version of Kareena Kapoor Khan in the 2002 film Mujhse Dosti Karoge? Also starring Hrithik Roshan and Rani Mukerji, the movie had cast three child artists to play the childhood versions of the lead actors, and Barkha was one of them. Here’s more to know about Barkha Singh, and what she’s been up to all these years.
10 Facts About Barkha Singh
- Mujhse Dosti Karoge revolved around three friends and they’re coming-of-age as they experience friendship, romance, and heartbreak. The love triangle was directed by Kunal Kohli and produced by Yash Raj Films. The movie had a decent run at the box office, and its star cast of Hrithik, Kareena, and Rani, the top actors back then, grabbed eyeballs.
- Barkha played young Kareena and appears in the opening credits when the story builds upon the friendship of the three main characters, and later in some flashbacks.
- Barkha was around 10 when she did Mujhse Dosti Karoge.
- She was also seen in various TV commercials.
- As a child actor, she also appeared in the Sushmita Sen starrer film Samay (2003), playing the role of Anjalee.
- In the early 2010s, Barkha turned a VJ for MTV India, and a cameo in MTV Fanaah (2014).
- Her role as Gia Sen in MTV India’s show Girls on Top got her noticed.
- She also appeared in several TV shows including Yeh Hai Aashiqui, Love by Chance, Bhagyalaxmi, CID, Aahat 6, Jaat Ki Jugni, and Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan.
- Her foray into the digital space happened with Amazon Prime Video crime-thriller Breathe (2018).
- Barkha soon became a regular in several Dice Media shorts, also including the banner’s web series Please Find Attached.
How many of her works have you watched?
you may also like